We are now offering the opportunity to schedule a private class! Private classes are great for garden clubs, HOA groups, or even bunches of adventurous friends who just want to learn more about gardening. We have a long list of topics we can speak on, and if what you’re interested in isn’t on the list, feel free to ask about it! We very well may be able to accommodate you. We also offer free classes which require registration. Click here to see our schedule of upcoming free classes instead.
To schedule a private class, fill out the form below and we will contact you.
- While Austin is in Stage 4 or 5 we will require both attendees and the speaker to wear masks for the duration of the class.
- All classes are on site, here at The Natural Gardener.
- We can currently administer classes on Wednesdays between 9am-2pm. Classes will be an hour long.
- We do not offer any classes, either free or private, during March or April.
- $10 per person, $100 minimum. We have a maximum attendance of 20 people.
- Please give us at least 2 weeks notice for any of the available topics listed below.
- For specific requests that are not listed, or if you require ASL interpretation, please allow us at least 4 weeks notice to ensure we can accommodate your request.
All About Pruning
We will discuss the maintenance and up keep that will sustain your garden throughout the season. We will help you to maintain your garden through the summer and manage for peak butterfly traffic in the fall. We will also discuss the difference between a nectar plant and a host plant, how to control pests without harming the good guys and how/when to prune to increase flowering.
Even if you lack space for a garden, you can grow in containers! Learn some tips and tricks specific to growing in containers.
English Cottage Gardens in Central Texas
Houseplants: Choosing & Care
Learn all about the wonderful hummingbird, and which plants are the best to grow to attract these creatures to your garden.
Native & Well Adapted Perennials
If you’re new to Central Texas, its likely that the selection of plants that thrive here are different from those you may be familiar with. Get acquainted with what grows here!
Organic Veggie Gardening 101
Organic Veggie Gardening 201
Organic Weed Control
Combination products that claim to fertilize your lawn whilst killing weeds can be very harmful to trees, other plants, and even wildlife. Come learn to deal with those pesky weeds the organic way!
Pests and Diseases
Learn to pick plants to maximize your pollinator diversity throughout the entire year, and support native solitary bees and honeybees alike.
Tree Watering & Care
Trees clean the air, add beauty, and increase property values. Learn how to care for yours to keep them healthy and looking their best.
Watering & Watering Equipment
Proper equipment can help reduce water bills. Learn about the different products available to get the water where you need it, when you need it.